Why you should buy wood from Six Diamonds Tree Services:
- All firewood is seasoned.
- All firewood is a mix of hardwood.
- Hand-picked firewood selected using our knowledge of what is best for your home.
- Pieces cut from 16 to 18 inches in length and fit most wood stoves and fireplaces.
- Delivery charges apply. Charges vary depending on location.
Not Sure How Much Firewood You Need?
The two most common way to measure firewood is by the Cord.
A full cord of firewood is an amount of wood that fills a space equal to eight feet long by four feet high by four feet deep or 8x4x4.
We begin selling firewood in early August until the inventory is gone. Order early to save money and disappointment.
* We regret that we cannot provide stacking at this time.
** Prices subject to change without notice.
Tips for buying seasoned wood:
- Drier wood is lighter in weight due to lower moisture content and has cracks on the ends.
- When you bang two pieces together it should sound like a hollow smack instead of a deep thud.
- Dry wood looks gray, yellow or deep brown. Fresh “green” wood is white, cream, or light brown.
Trivia: What is a Cord?
The name cord probably comes from the use of a cord or string to measure it. The cord is a unit of measure of dry volume used to measure firewood and pulpwood in the United States and Canada. When “racked and well stowed” (arranged so pieces are aligned, parallel, touching and compact), occupies a volume of 128 cubic feet (3.62 m3). This corresponds to a well-stacked woodpile 4 feet high, 8 feet long, and 4 feet deep; or any other arrangement of linear measurements that yields the same volume. say we offer everything under the sun, we really do!